While you can't control the locations, you are still providing a unique and rich experience for the students. And for a lot less money.
Follow these steps to create a virtual reality field trip:
- Using a cell phone, open up the Google Street View app
- Search for a location
- Click on one of the blue circles around the selected location
- Click cardboard icon on the top right of the image
- Place the device in the headset
- Put the headset up to your eyes and turn around 360 degrees to enjoy the location as you are there.