My Favorite Chrome Extensions for the Week - November 3rd


Being a Chrome Extension addict is great. I love learning new extensions that will help me not only be more productive, but allow me to work smarter and not harder. Here are my favorite extensions for the week. 

#1Screencastify
Type: Productivity (Video)
Summary: This extension is awesome! It takes a screen capture of the tab that you have open. The only downfall that I can find is that it only captures the information in the open window and not the entire screen. With that said, it is free, easy to use, and will upload the file to YouTube, Drive, or download onto your computer right have you make it. Great way to showcase a lesson, resources, or walk people through an online step-by-step.




#2: Google Quick Scroll
Type: Search Tools
Summary: If you are anything like me, you can get frustrated when you conduct a Google search and then can't find the information you are looking for on the page that is recommended. This extension helps alleviate that frustration. When you have Google Quick Scroll turned on, it will highlight the text on the web page that you go to, so you don't have to spend time searching through all of the irrelevant information.






#3: Ginger
Type: Productivity
Summary: This extension is a dream come true for me. I am the first to admit that grammar is not by strong suit. This extension gives grammatical and spelling suggestions as I type. It is working now as I am typing in Blogger. Now it doesn't work as you are tying in a Google document, but you have the ability to copy and paste paragraphs into the Ginger extension and get suggestions on the spot. Now that I have found this extension, I cannot imagine living without my new friend.
 


#4: Goo.gl URL Shortener
Type: Productivity (Social & Communication)
Summary: This extension might not be new to many of you, but it is always worth mentioning. There are a lot of URL shortener extensions out there, but this is my favorite because when you create a free account it will keep track of the number of clicks on that shortened URL. When you click on the extension it will instantly create a shortened URL and copy it, so you can immediately share. It will also create a QR code for you to be able to take a screenshot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment