If you are part of a Google Apps for Education district you might not see the new look just yet. Be patient as it is coming soon. The company rolls out updated products in shifts. If you have a personal Google account and you have not been switched to the new look, you have the option to switch yourself. From Drive, go to settings and select 'Experience the new Drive.'
Here is a summary of some of the most notable changes that were made:
- The Create button is now called New
- Shared with Me is now called Incoming
- New show link button that appears when you select a file/folder
- Two ways to create a folder or file.
- Sort files/folders by last modified, last edited by you, last opened by you or name.
- Easily enable offline access through settings
Here is a New Google Drive Quick Start Guide that I created. My district has not switched over yet, but I wanted to be prepared for when the switch is made.
|New Google Drive Quick Start Guide|